Chimo Youth & Family Services Can Help
Chimo Youth & Family Services is an accredited Children’s mental health agency that is funded by the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care. We are a voluntary program that provides a variety of services to meet the needs of children, youth and their families in the community.
Chimo is a not for profit agency incorporated under provisions of the Ontario Not for Profit Corporations Act and is governed by a volunteer Board of Directors who represent the community served.
COVID-19 SERVICE UPDATE
Dear Clients and Community Partners;
In these moments of uncertainty surrounding the situation of COVID-19, we would like to reiterate our commitment to preserving the health of our staff and everyone we work with.
In order to respect the requests of limited social interactions between individuals, we have made decisions that will affect our day to day operations.
The following service restrictions/measures have been put into place to respond to the COVD-19 Pandemic
- The walk-in clinic will be canceled until further notice. However, individuals can call and book a single session over the phone with worker.
- The crisis line will continue to be available and operate as per normal hours.
- Staff will NOT be assigned new clients off the current waitlist. However, those waiting for service will still be able to access the crisis line and/or call in and schedule single session phone support.
- All current face to face meetings with clients will be suspended and will be supported via telephone or video conferencing.
Clients that are presenting with high-risk behaviours and when deemed necessary MAY be provided with a face to face meeting; however, staff will be required to complete a COVID- 19 screening questionnaire over the phone prior to the appointment.
All in-home meetings with families as well as group therapy sessions are currently suspended.
Clients attending a Day Treatment program will continue to be supported by day treatment staff via telephone and video conferencing.
Wintergreen respite program will suspend all visits at this time until April 14th
Live-In Treatment programs remain open to current residents only, with strict COVID-19 screening protocols in place.
Should you have any questions regarding our service delivery changes at this time, kindly contact our office and ask to speak to a member of the management team.
News & Events
- Our new site features lots of helpful links and is simple to navigate. Launched on August 26, 2016, the website provides easy access to our history as a mental health agency, program descriptions, public announcements, client stories, as well as …Continue Reading
- The community recently received exciting news regarding a $1.6 million investment by the Ministry of Children and Youth Services that will allow Chimo to relocate to the same site as Boys’ and Girls’ Club of Kawartha Lakes. This funding will …Continue Reading
- Adventure Quest
- Clinical Services
- Crisis Services
- Day Treatment
- Family Skills Building & Support Program
- Residential Mental Health
- Respite services
- In School Support
- Walk In/Brief Services