Chimo offers a variety of child and youth social skills and therapeutic groups based on current client demographics and needs. Some of the groups we offer are run through collaborations with other community partners.
Groups which may be offered during a typical year include the following;
SNAP – Stop Now and Plan
- This group runs for 10 to 12 weeks and is for children under the age of 12
- This group encourages problem solving and covers issues such as, bullying, stealing and other socially inappropriate behaviours.
- This group runs for 10 weeks and is for children 12 and younger
- This group encourages the development of social skills for children with struggle with boundaries, following the rules, engage with peers appropriately or assertiveness.
Art Therapy Group
- This group runs for 10 weeks and is for youth 13 year of age and older
- This group encourage youth to create meaningful art and by sharing their art with their peers have a therapeutic experience
- This group runs for 10 to 12 weeks and is for youth 12 and older
- This group encourages youth to develop or improve their interpersonal skills by assisting youth who struggle with authority, self-regulation, engaging with peers appropriately or assertiveness.
Groups are generally run at the Lindsay office in the after school hours.